Saturday, September 26, 2015

Still Taking Pictures

After a bit of work I decided to shoot another "roll" of pictures on August 25.  A software tool made by the Cubesat team (especially Peter Chapin) is extremely useful because I can craft scripts to automatically communicate with the VT Lunar Cubesat.  This is real handy when I just can't be doing it in real time, such as middle of the night passes.  It is limited because it doesn't react to grouchybird up there who sometimes likes to ignore commands or take a while to respond.  It works pretty well and I am getting better at it.  I can now leave my rotor tracking the orbit, and I have a separate radio for receiving so now Doppler correction is automatic on the downlink.  Finally getting good at this?  I am noticing frequent resets, and now I have to make sure there is sun on the bird before I try to download big files, so the batteries are likely going.  Orbit is at times in the ~340Km altitude range, so I don't think we have a lot of time left.  I'll do my best to keep it running until the end.  Here's the pictures I got:



No comments:

Post a Comment